A "shorty" at Musée d'Orsay...



I've been trying out oil painting a little lately, and this afternoon I thought I better go and check it out a little "how they did it in the old days". So I went to musée d'Orsay to study my "options"and to see how I could eventually treat this, for me, quite new material. I find it sticky, a bit messy and I'm not very certain of the liberty it could give me. I starting to seriously believe it's huge, I just would like to have the basic stuff in my pocket to be able to explore faster!!
I'll continue my investigation, I feel like hanging on this time, even if it might be a slow process. I have always been attracted to oil paintings and now I notice that I need to look at them in a different way. I feel lucky to have some of the most beautiful museums near home, it will be needed.
Above are the last double pages in my small Moleskine sketchbook, I'll get a new one for my future museum visits soon again...

Comments