Tulip sketches...




These are done on drawing papers while testing their characters for watercolor. The sketchpad I prefer have just changed it's paper quality, this can be most frustrating when you get a good feel with a paper. The feeling when painting is different from one paper to another and also the way you will use it or treat your subjects depending on the effects the paper in question offers. The same works for drawing papers, the sensation of the pencil on the paper can be very subtle just as the effects you can obtain or not.

Comments

  1. I´m a new follower. Looking forward to see all your paintings!
    If you´d like you are very wellcome to visit my artblog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, yeah I also find it kinda annoying when something I thought I can build on suddenly changes...

    xo
    agnes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Catharina and Agnès for stopping by and leaving your words and thoughts. Always nice with company and to share the same interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tulips and stumbled across your webpage while searching for a picture of a tulip to capture my thoughts and feelings for a journal entry. This painting is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment